Carpenter Ant Control in TCU Tx
Carpenter ants are among the largest type of ants. There are at least 14 species of carpenter ants in Texas. Carpenter ants can be black, yellowish, red or a combination of red and orange. They make their colonies primarily in wood, especially very moist areas or areas affected by water damage.
Typical locations include:
- Wood affected by water seepage
- Areas around plumbing in kitchens and bathrooms
- Wood in contact with soil such as siding or porch supports
- Hollow wooden doors, ceiling beams
- Voids under attic insulation or in crawl spaces
These types of ants become pests when they begin to nest and or forage for food in homes and other buildings. By knowing where to look for them and understanding ways to control them, homeowners can minimize damage that could occur to their home.